Aboveground Storage Tank Painting, Coating, and Restoration.
Don Wood Inc. can help you stop corrosion on it's track! Exterior Coating Services for Water Tanks, Fuel Tanks, Oil Tanks & Chemical Tanks.
The key to sustaining the life of your fuel tank is all about the paint job and maintenance. Failure to maintain the structure can lead to corrosion of the structure and a fuel leak – which would be catastrophic to your business and the environment.
We have plenty of experience restoring, coating, and maintaining fuel tanks so your product remains safely contained.
Our contractors provide:
Fuel tank sandblasting to clean and restore your structure
State-of-the-art tank painting technology that offers a superior coatings application
In-house welding and repairs to extend the lifespan of your fuel tank
At Don Wood Inc. we go through various stages to prepare, recoat and paint fuel tanks, pipes and concrete.
1. Pressure wash with a minimum of 3,500 psi to remove all dirt, mold, mildew, loose non bonded paint
and foreign matter
2. Prepare surfaces in accordance with SSPC-SP-2, Hand Tool Cleaning and/or SSPC-SP-3 and Power
3. Apply one (1) full prime coat of polyamide epoxy according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Apply one (1) finish coat to the sides and two (2) fishing coats to the top of the tanks using acrylic
aliphatic urethane according to manufacturer’s’ recommendations.
5. Apply decals per NFPA Fire Code 30
6. Calk and seal around all penetrations on top of the tanks
7. Prepare, prime and paint metal midways and fitting located on top of the tanks and are currently showing
signs of corrosion
8. Prime and paint all the aboveground pipes in the containment area
9. Abrade and prepare the containment floor to obtain proper profile on concrete containment
10. Repair and seal existing cracks on containment
11. Apply a first coat of Corobond 100 Epoxy primer/sealer
12. Apply a second coat of Kem Cati-Coat HS epoxy
13. Apply a final coat of Shelcote II epoxy filler/sealer
14. Clean area as per existing conditions and properly dispose of debris